Five-Point Programmatic Thrust Programs
Delta Sigma Theta, Inc. is committed to the ideals of Sisterhood, Scholarship and Public Service. In accordance with these ideals, Delta has established a long and glorious history of educational, cultural, political, and social service in the public’s interest based on its Five-Point Programmatic Thrust:
The Tucson Alumnae Chapter uses their many skills and talents to impact the lives of county residents through a variety of community services. In keeping with Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.’s Five-Point Programmatic Thrust, the following is a partial list of programs and services we have provided in the Tucson and Sierra Vista communities:
- The Dr. Betty Shabazz Delta Academy and the Dr. Jeanne L. Noble Delta GEMS (Growing and Empowering Myself Successfully) – two programs designed to bring about positive self-images, development of leadership skills, promote academic excellence, and feelings of community obligations among pre-teen and teenage girls.
- SEE (Science and Everyday Experiences) – a program to help students strengthen their mathematics and science skills in an informal setting encouraging them to seek careers in the field of science.
- Scholarship Program – a program that annually provides scholarships to deserving high school students to assist them in financing their pursuit of higher education.
- Social Action Agenda – some of the activities include the Women’s Legislative Briefings, voter registrations Delta Days at the State Capital, UN, and Nation Capital.
- Habitat for Humanity Program – participate with the local Habitat for Humanity branch through the provision of in-kind home construction to assist low income families become homeowners.